Thursday, December 18, 2008

Gus Koernig's art added to Mighty Imaging

Gus Koernig started out his career working in front of a camera as a TV journalist. He now enjoys his time behind a camera as a photographer. He has some beautiful images of the West as well as from his journeys around the globe. All of which are now available in his gallery as part of our Shop for Art program. We are pleased to be able to offer Gus' prints to the collection.

Living in the western United States I am always surrounded by breathtaking images, just waiting to be photographed. I also have the opportunity to travel and take pictures in places I never dreamed I would visit. I spent several weeks in Australia, photographing the big cities and small towns, the seashores and the rainforests that are brimming with some of the most awe-inspiring images I have ever seen.

I was raised in a very big city and have lived in some very small, remote rural towns. These experiences give me a deep appreciation for the variety the world offers and my photographs reflect that variety. My galleries are filled with pictures of sweeping vistas of unspoiled wide-open spaces, as well as close-up photos of nature's most delicate handiwork. You'll find images taken in some of the world's great cities, along with photographs that capture the uniqueness of tiny towns in out-of-the-way places, and pictures of wide spots in the road where abandoned buildings silently hint at their history.

No comments: